Fiance of Colorado mother missing since Thanksgiving arrested

he fiancé of a Colorado mother who was last seen on Thanksgiving was arrested, a sheriff’s official said Friday. Patrick Frazee was seen being taken into custody at his home. Kelsey Berreth was last seen at a grocery store four weeks ago. This is a breaking news story. 

The fiance of a missing southern Colorado mother who has not been seen since Thanksgiving was arrested and charged with first-degree murder on Friday morning, the man's attorney said.

Patrick Frazee was earlier said to be cooperating in the case of 29-year-old Kelsey Berreth, who was last seen on Nov. 22 at a grocery store in Woodland Park, northwest of Colorado Springs. The couple share a child.

Frazee's attorney Jeremy Loew said his client has been arrested. Court documents showed Frazee has been been charged with first-degree murder after deliberation.

An official said the arrest warrant that was executed is sealed,. He was booked into the Teller County Jail. It's not known when Frazee will make his first court appearance.

ABC News reported that Frazee was seen in handcuffs and police don't believe Berreth is alive.

The Woodland Park Police Department scheduled a 10 a.m. news conference to discuss the arrest.

Frazee previously told police he last saw Berreth on Thanksgiving when he picked up their daughter, making him the last known person to report seeing her alive.

Police said they have surveillance video of Berreth, a flight instructor, shopping with her daughter that day at a Woodland Park Safeway store.

Berreth’s employer got a text from her phone on Nov. 25, saying she wouldn’t be able to work that week, police said. Frazee also said she texted him that day, but the contents of that text haven’t been released.

Police began searching for Berreth on Dec. 2 when her mother, Cheryl, told police about her daughter's disappearance.

Berreth’s phone was tracked to a location near Gooding, Idaho, about 800 miles from Woodland Park.

“She’s not the kind that runs off,” Cheryl Berreth said Dec. 10. “This is completely out of character. Kelsey loves her God, she loves her family and friends, and she loves her job. She’s reliable, considerate and honest.”

Frazee released his phone to be searched and allowed officers to take a DNA sample on Dec. 12, his lawyer said.

A search warrant was executed at Frazee’s Florissant property on Dec. 14 by 75 officers.

Authorities said they brought in large equipment to help with the search, but did not say what, if any, evidence they found related to Berreth's disappearance.

Frazee's lawyer issued a statement about the search warrant and said his client continues to cooperate with the investigation.

On Thursday night, investigators with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation searched Berreth's town house again. Investigators said they were making steady progress with multiple leads in the case.

Share your feedback to help improve our site experience!

Related Post

Facebook Comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Optimization WordPress Plugins & Solutions by W3 EDGE