admin, Author at US NEWS

Sia Shares That She Adopted Two Sons Last Year

Sia revealed some major news during her latest interview.

The “Chandelier” singer-songwriter shared that she adopted two 18-year-old boys last year, in a preview of her chat with SiriusXM Hits 1′s The Morning Mash Up, which was posted on Tuesday.

“I actually adopted two sons last year. They were 18, they’re both 19 years old now. They were aging out of the foster care system,” the 44-year-old Australian artist revealed. “Yeah, and I love them.”

When asked how they are handling being in quarantine during the coronavirus pandemic, Sia admitted that they “are both finding it pretty difficult, one more so than the other.”

“But they’re both doing things that are really good for them right now, that are really helpful,” she continued. “They’re really doing a lot of educational stuff that’s good for them.”

Sia did not share their names or any additional information about her new family. However, the full interview is scheduled to be released Thursday, May 21.

Sia first revealed that she had become a mom in a January interview with GQ, where she also shared that she was very “sexually attracted” to her LSD collaborator Diplo. The two make up the music supergroup along with rapper Labrinth.

“Much of our relationship is just being spent trying not to have sex so that we wouldn’t ruin our business relationship because he’s super-duper hot,” Sia said of music producer. “This year I wrote him a text, and I said, ‘Hey, listen, you’re like one of five people that I’m sexually attracted to, and now that I’ve decided to be single for the rest of my life and I just adopted a son, I don’t have time for a relationship.'”

“‘If you’re interested in some no-strings sex, then hit me up,'” she continued. Sia, meanwhile, is currently gearing up to release her new song, “Together.” The tune will drop May 20.

RELATED CONTENT:

Kristin Davis Tears Up Talking About Adopting Her Black Children on ‘Red Table Talk’

Debbie Gibson on Adoption, Possible Motherhood in Her 50s & New Kids on the Block Tour Secrets (Exclusive)

Hoda Kotb Reveals She Adopted Baby No. 2!

Related Gallery

 

Read more

Ronan Farrow Speaks Out After Matt Lauer Pens Essay Accusing Him of Not Fact-Checking Claims Against Him

Ronan Farrow says Matt Lauer is “just wrong.” 

The journalist took to Twitter on Tuesday to speak out about Lauer’s accusations that Farrow failed to properly fact-check claims made in his book, Catch and Kill. “All I’ll say on this is that Matt Lauer is just wrong. Catch and Kill was thoroughly reported and fact-checked, including with Matt Lauer himself,” Farrow wrote. 

In an essay published by Mediaite earlier Tuesday, Lauer took aim at Farrow for his reporting on the former Today anchor’s alleged sexual misconduct. Lauer was fired by NBC in 2017 after an employee accused him of inappropriate sexual behavior. That employee, Brooke Nevils, later alleged in Catch and Kill that Lauer had raped her when they were both working for NBC at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Nevils characterized her sexual encounters with Lauer after Sochi as as “transactional,” saying she consented only out of fear that Lauer had control over her career. (Lauer has admitted to having a consensual yet inappropriate relationship with a fellow employee, but denied Nevils’ allegation of rape.) 

In his piece, Lauer goes into detail, fact-checking Farrow’s book himself. He calls Farrow’s stories “salacious” and says the Pulitzer Prize–winning reporter is “hardly an unbiased journalist,” especially considering matters relating to NBC. Farrow’s MSNBC show was canceled after one season in 2015, and he has alleged that the network sabotaged his reporting on the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

“I had originally intended to release this piece in November of 2019, but personal considerations at that time, and later news events impacting us all, delayed those plans,” Lauer wrote. “On October 9, 2019, I was falsely accused of rape. … This accusation was one of the worst and most consequential things to ever happen in my life, it was devastating for my family, and outrageously it was used to sell books.”

“The rush to judgment was swift. In fact, on the morning I was falsely accused of rape, and before I could even issue a statement, some journalists were already calling my accuser ‘brave’ and ‘courageous,'” he continued. “I was also disappointed, but not surprised, that Ronan Farrow’s overall reporting faced so little scrutiny. Until this week’s critical reporting by The New York Times, many in the media perceived his work as inherently beyond basic questioning.”

The New York Times‘ media columnist Ben Smith questioned Farrow’s reporting in a piece published Monday, claiming the 32-year-old reporter’s work had “shakiness at its foundations.”

Lauer claims Farrow “betrayed the truth” by failing to confirm stories told to him by sources, failing to provide evidence of important communications, and manipulating readers with misleading language. The former broadcast journalist also scrutinizes Nevils’ rape allegation, alleging it was part of a “promotional rollout” for Farrow’s book. 

Nevils did not directly address Lauer’s essay, but tweeted Tuesday afternoon: “DARVO: Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender.” 

“Will anyone hold Ronan Farrow thoroughly accountable? I doubt it,” Lauer wrote in his piece. “I ask people to consider how they would react if someone they loved were accused of something horrific and basic journalistic standards were ignored because of a desire to sell books. I also urge people to remember that there are two sides to all stories.”

“In the meantime, I will continue to ask questions and seek answers, because ironically, I can thank Ronan for at least one thing. He has reminded me how it feels to do the work I love.”

See more on Lauer in the video below. 

RELATED CONTENT: 

Matt Lauer Spotted in the Hamptons 2 Weeks After Rape Accusation Surfaced

Ronan Farrow Says Matt Lauer’s ‘Exact Thinking’ Is Represented in His Book

Matt Lauer Accuser Addie Collins Zinone Reacts to His Letter Refuting Brooke Nevils’ Rape Allegation

Related Gallery

Read more

36-Pound Cat Finds A Mom Who Just Gets Him | The Dodo Adoption Day

This 36-pound cat was brokenhearted when his owner died. But today he’s meeting his new mom, and she is the

Read more

Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lopez and More to Join YouTube’s Giant List of 2020 Commencement Guests

YouTube’s virtual commencement ceremony, Dear Class of 2020, is amping up the star power for it’s already jam-packed graduation event.

Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lopez and Demi Lovato are among the slate of additional superstars who will be participating the the massive virtual event, YouTube announced Tuesday.

Beyoncé has been tapped to deliver “an inspirational message to the 2020 class,” while the other celebs recently added to the growing lineup are slated to make “guest appearances” throughout the ceremony.

Meanwhile, Camila Cabello, Chloe X Halle, Lizzo, Maluma, CNCO, Doja Cat, and Megan Thee Stallion have all been added to the list of musicians who will be delivering special performances for the graduating class.

The newly announced guests also include Janelle Monáe, Bill and Melinda Gates, author John Green, La La Anthony, Andy Cohen, Lana Condor, Misty Copeland, Kevin Durant, Finneas, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Hasan Minhaj, Antoni Porowski, Phoebe Robinson, Michael Strahan, Ciara and Russell Wilson, Yara Shahidi and others.

The group of celebs join a stacked slate of previously announced speakers and performers, including President Barack Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama, Lady Gaga, Alicia Keys, Kelly Rowland, Kerry Washington, BTS, Malala Yousafzai and Zendaya.

Any student who is part of the graduating class of 2020 can upload their own video to participate in the celebration at the Dear Class of 2020 website. The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 22.

The YouTube Originals’ Dear Class of 2020 global commencement ceremony kicks off June 6 at 3 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. PT. Check here for more information.

RELATED CONTENT:

Oprah Winfrey, Miley Cyrus & More to Celebrate Graduating Class of 2020 With Virtual Commencement

Jimmy Fallon, Kesha and More Will Give School Commencement Speeches Via Podcast Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

Brad Pitt Surprises Missouri State University Graduates With a Sweet Video Message

LeBron James Pumps Up Students With Empowering ‘Graduating Together’ Speech

Related Gallery

 

Read more

‘The Voice’ Finale: Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani Perform ‘Nobody But You’

The Voice finale crowned a new champion while bringing back some old favorites!

The final episode of season 18 was a star-studded showcase. Before crowning the new champion from the talented Top 5, fans were treated to performances from the Jonas Brothers, Bon Jovi, Lady Antebellum, Karol G, and Bebe Rexha, as well as former coaches Shakira and CeeLo Green.

And of course, since she’s quarantining in Tishomingo, Oklahoma, with beau Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani also popped in, as the couple performed their latest duet, “Nobody But You.”

“I wanted to say very quickly, thank you to all the Oklahoma regional food banks, frontline workers, thanks to all the food bank workers across this country,” Shelton told fans before the two performed. “You’re out there, you’re taking care of people, and we love you for it. Be sure, if you’re watching this, donate to your local food bank.”

John Legend opened the show with another fun ditty, a cover of the Cheers theme song that poked fun at his fellow coaches: Nick Jonas’ diligent note-taking, Kelly Clarkson’s team jacket bribery and Shelton’s habit of not noticing that he got blocked.

“Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your team,” the coaches crooned together. “And they’re living out their dream.”

While it’s certainly a different atmosphere this season, with each of the Top 5 competitors performing and getting the results from home, host Carson Daly noted that Tuesday’s crowning was special, even without the confetti and fanfare that usually accompanies a Voice finale.

“I think it doesn’t really matter, like, how much stuff we blow up,” he said during a remote press conference Monday. “We have five great finalists, and winning the show really is life-changing, so I think watching the excitement of one of these five finalists and their families, you know, jump up and down and be excited is really the only winning moment that matters. We’ll have the heart of it, for sure.”

“I’m just curious, are they actually gonna send me the trophy though, when I win, or will I have to wait for a while?” Jonas joked. The newest Voice coach said his first season of the show was a “quick learning curve,” particularly under the unusual circumstances. “It’s been really special and I feel really grateful for the opportunity to have done the show, especially on a season that’s been as unique and wild as this one has been,” he raved.

“The one thing I will say that has been a bummer, especially for Nick, this being his first season, is there’s a lot of fun in the lives when the energy in there, you’re all in the room together,” Clarkson admitted. “That kind of camaraderie comes across not only on camera, but with us, and it helps us have a good time… I’m a little bummed for him that he didn’t get to feel that, you know, with us, but that’s not to say he won’t.”

No coaches have yet been announced for season 19, and Clarkson teased Shelton that he and Stefani should team up on a “red love seat” for the next season. However, the coaches have made the most of this unique season, and Shelton got one last jab in at Jonas before signing off — proving he’d be more than happy to have him back again.

“I’m gonna say that ever since Nick Jonas joined the show, it hasn’t been the same. Let’s just say, we can’t even be in the same room as that guy,” the country star joked. “If he comes back, maybe we’ll have to do it from our homes again, which is fine with me, having said that.”

See more from The Voice season 18 in the video below.

RELATED CONTENT:

‘The Voice’ Finale: The Coaches Talk Top 5 and Season 19 Plans

‘The Voice’: Watch the Top 5 Original and Cover Finale Performances

‘The Voice’: John Legend Brings a Finalist to Tears by Clearing ‘Purple Rain’ for the First Time Ever

Related Gallery

 

Read more
Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial