The Kansas City Chiefs are playing without tight end Travis Kelce in the second half of their playoff game against the Tennessee Titans.
Kelce struggled to stand up straight after taking a huge hit from Titans safety Johnathan Cyprien late in the first half of Saturday’s Wild Card playoff game at Arrowhead Stadium.
Kelce was ruled out to begin the second half.
Straight helmet to helmet pic.twitter.com/WySC1YVRna
— Carlton (@SlopingGiraffe) January 6, 2018
The Chiefs tight end caught a 12-yard pass and was tackled by Titans linebacker Jayon Brown and Cyprien came in to deliver a huge hit.
Kelce was wobbly as he got to his feet and had to be steadied by teammates.
No reason for Kelce to get back on the field any time soon. pic.twitter.com/w2XYgVVtiS
— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) January 6, 2018
Kelce did jog off the field on his own power, but was immediately taken to the locker room and placed in the concussion protocol. Kelce has led all tight ends with 83 receptions this season and had five catches for 84 yards in the first half of Saturday’s game.
Peter Johnson Too men collided in a collision sport. In other news, water is wet. If this stuff is too scary then stop watching because you're softcock comments are killing the game we love
Mike Slawn Why wasn't it called by the refs???!!! should have been a penalty & they should start ejecting lame & dirty hits that result in concussions….especially after all we now know about it!!! also late hits on defenseless receivers!!!
Steve Boissonneault I like how his teammates pulled him up quick as to possibly negate the protocol with the " nothing to see here" trick. Don't wanna lose Kelce. Sad!
Michael Tew Imagine what would have happened without the helmet. That’s what helmets do, protect the head in this contact sport where you have to tackle a person down to the ground to end the play.
Ken Geez Why must everything be TERRIFYING nowadays? Can't anything just be 'scary'? 20 years ago you would have been laughing at this along with the announcers. Not to say that's right but let's save some of the big guns of the english language for a rainy day before we wear them out.
Get yours: Here
- President Donald J. Trump and other Republican leaders speak live from Camp David.
- Donald Trump: I’m a very stable genius
- Tom Brady Denied Garoppolo Access To His Training Facility While Trying To Rehab Shoulder Injury
- Winsol the Aardvark at Cincinnati Zoo Update
- Patriots Fans Update Wikipedia Page Of Writer Of ESPN Article Exposing Issues In New England
- Details Emerge Of Dysfunction Amongst Tom Brady, Bill Belichick And Robert Kraft
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft drama sparks ‘dysfunction’ with Patriots
- President Donald J. Trump’s schedule for Friday, January 5th:
- Grandpa Mason with his TinyTuxies colony
- Alabama’s Strength Coach Smashes Last Season’s 2nd Place Trophy Into Smithereens