Funny story. Blast from the past. Which I'm reminded of by waiting for April the giraffe to give birth
My first pregnant foster dog. Mind you, it was my first and the first in the rescue. This was many years ago.
Thankfully internet did exist. I did hours of research, watched probably 100 videos of a dog giving birth. I printed up a 2" thick file of paper to refer to when the big day happened!
tajiri the giraffe
Get it: Here
- Tajiri the Giraffe Running and Trying to Steal Carrots from April! Lol
- Fiona the Hippo Update: Fiona showing off her dental development
- Live Cam 9/24: Tajiri the Giraffe Baby and Sweet April
- Update and Tajiri the Giraffe Pictures: Best Nursing Time 9/24
- Fiona Update: She has reached 500 lbs today and weigh around 3,000 lbs
- Animal Adventure Park Alpaca Update and Report Today
- Kendi the Hrino Update Today : Kendi Vocalizing
- Update on Tajiri the Giraffe April:Tajiri Stealing carrots again 9/23
- Jordan Partners with Steve Cornwell for Men Who Cook
- Latest Update on Alf the Giraffe and Maggie at Brights Zoo 9/22
Well dummy me, who had a prego dog who never exhibited signs of being in labor. I get up in the morning and we immediately engage in our normal routine. Let soon to be mama out to do her business while I watch, blind as a bat without my glasses in total darkness, at the patio door for her to come back in.
Which she does in short order. With something in her mouth. Which I stupidly start screaming about her having a baby rabbit and try to take it away. Which she found offensive. Thankfully she wasn't obnoxious about finding it offensive. Once in my hand, I realized it was a puppy.
Which she wasn't supposed to have for 2 more weeks!
Candid camera would have had a field day with this. I gave the puppy back to her and she trotted (pretty much did the 50 yard dash) upstairs and under the bed in the guest room. On the pretty cream colored carpet.
Which is where she decided to give birth to the next 6 puppies. Because I was inexperienced (and stupid) I let that happen and got my neighbors to come help me move the mattress and box springs.
April the Giraffe
Thankfully, Mama did not need my assistance. Looking back, it was not needed nor welcomed. She would have been far happier to not have me in the picture at all
I laugh now to remember trying to wrestle that baby out of her mouth, thinking she was trying to kill it.
While I am waiting for the birth of Aprils offspring and reading stupid comments about inducing labor and doing a c section, I am reminded that Gods creatures have been giving birth on their own without assistance for many years. No doubt April will do the same. It can't be fast enough for the world. So let's Rock and Roll April
April the Giraffe Store Available Now:
Get your April the Giraffe Shirt : Here
- Hawksbill Turtle Has Died at Auckland Zoo
- Animal Adventures with Jordan: American Bison
- Fiona the Hippo Family Feunion: Episode 5 – Family Reunion
- Live Cam : April, Oliver and Tajiri the Giraffe Emoji Today 9/26
- Best Funny Story and Update on April and Tajiri the Giraffe House
- Vote Fiona the Hippo for the cover of the 2018 Fiona Calendar
- Alf the Giraffe News: Alf Makes Funny Moment and Alf’s 8ft Today
- Fiona the Hippo Learns to Swim: Fiona Can Do the Backstroke