The finalized extension is heavy on bonus incentives, which hasn’t always been the case. According to ProFootballTalk.com, NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart confirmed Goodell’s new five-year contract extension could be worth as much as $200 million.
However, the contract is not guaranteed money, as it puts almost 90% of Goodell’s pay in performance-based incentives, which means his performance has to be evaluated and approved by owners in order for Goodell to receive the full payout.
“All the owners had the opportunity to weigh in. I think it’s worth noting that the commissioner’s contract and the extension has been talked about at every league meeting this year,” Lockhart said. “Most of the owners will have some involvement in the oversight as we look at these things over the next seven years.”
Lockhart also indicated that Goodell intends for this to be his final contract, which will take him through the 2023 season, and he will help bring in his successor.
“The commissioner has been clear that he views this as his last contract and will allow him to both deal with some of the important issues that we know are on the horizon — the CBA, our network partners — and it’ll also allow him to spend a significant amount of time not only at his level but among his executives working on succession,” Lockhart said.
Gary Depp Don’t click-bait us like this. He isn’t leaving until 2023, so it’s not like he got fired and is dragging ass to the unemployment line.
Tony Rubbo Who ever is posting this crap is piss poor. It makes me want to start my own boycott page. All bait posts. If you truly gave a Shit you'd concentrate on educating the group to boycott sponsors instead of sensationalism that does nothing
Doug Meister Very poor leadership. The league will never recover from this man's poor leadership. I hope they lose 1 billion this season.
James J Mankoski So, a 5 year contract extension ripe with bonus payments for meeting various performance conditions. If i were the NFL team owners, I wouldn't offer a 5 year contact to a failing executive. Boycott the NFL for my vote
Bonnie Emberton-Embry Very poor Leadership, hope u don't have any Children,Teen, young adults. Karma will get you. U R not above the man upstairs. Maybe someday you will have to get on ur knee ask the man forgiveness. BOYCOTT
Before you go, we’re calling on ALL of our patriotic readers to pick up one of these limited edition “I Proudly Stand For The National Anthem” shirts or hoodies. They also make a wonderful Christmas gift for the patriot in your life!
Get yours: Here
- Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins Just Pulled In The Catch Of The Year
- Steelers’ Vince Williams Received Taunting Penalty For Trying To Cuddle With DeAndre Hopkins
- Ali the aardvark and her 4-day-old baby boy at Cincinnati Zoo
- Earl Thomas’ Explanation To Why He Told Cowboys To ‘Get Him’ Makes Him Look Worse
- Fiona update: Merry Christmas from your Zoo family
- Richard Sherman Calls Out Seahawks Fans After Victory Over Dallas Cowboys
- Buffalo Bills DE Jerry Hughes Accuses Patriots Of Paying Off Referees To Help Get Wins
- Cape May County Zoo Welcomed a Male Giraffe Calf on November 17th
- Merry Catmas from all of us at Tinykittens
- Seahawks Fans Blast Earl Thomas For Being A “Trader” After He Lobbied To Play For Cowboys