The fan said that actions of some players prevented he and his family from enjoying New Orleans Saints games at Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
A New Orleans Saints season-ticket holder is suing the team because some of the players took a knee during the national anthem.
Lee Dragna said that actions of some players, who are taking a knee to raise awareness for police brutality and racial inequality, prevented he and his family from enjoying Saints games at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Dragna filed his lawsuit at the 24th Judicial Court in Jefferson Parish and he's seeking a refund for his season tickets and attorney's fees.
Dragna admitted in the lawsuit that the players' protest was to raise awareness for police brutality. The lawsuit said that "Apparently, these players were following the lead of Colin Kaepernick by disrespecting the flag, the Anthem; the USA and those who have served and are serving the USA in our military."
New Orleans Saints fan suing team over national anthem protests
Get yours: Here
In the lawsuit, Dragna said that he and other fans “do not find these protests entertaining.” In fact, Dragna said in the lawsuit the only game he attended this season was the season opener on Oct. 17 against the New England Patriots.
At that game, the lawsuit said, some of the players "refused to take the field, until after the National Anthem. As they entered the field after the National Anthem, they passed directly in front of where the petitioner and his guests were seated. Many of the fans in that area booed and cursed at the Saints players."
The lawsuit said that "Many other fans and businesses have boycotted the Saints. One State Legislator has called for an end to State funding for the Saints."
In the end, Dragna wants a refund because, he said in the lawsuit “If petitioner had known that Saints football players would use Saints football games as a platform for protests he would not have purchased the Saints season tickets.”
Be the anti-Kaepernick by picking up one of our “I Proudly Stand For The National Anthem” shirts or hoodies. They also make a wonderful Christmas gift for the patriot in your life!
Boycott the NFL right now, get yours : Here
- President Trump signs H.R. 2810, National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018.
- Fiona Hippo Special on WCPO: Which Fiona Are You Today
- Latest NFL power rankings are out Today
- Carson Wentz Stayed In The Game For 4 Plays & Threw A TD Pass On His Torn ACL
- How could the New England Patriots play this poorly?
- President Donald J. Trump’s schedule for Tuesday, December 12th
- Eagles Fan Gets Caught Crying About Wentz Injury Jokes After Making Romo Injury Jokes Himself
- NFL Network Suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor Among Others Over Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Fiona the Hippo Update Today – FionaFix
- Jaguars ban four fans who threw objects in Seahawks game