The New York Giants may be closing in on finding their next head coach.
Matt Patricia has emerged as the Giants guy. Giants over Lions for him. Scoop by my guy @PLeonardNYDN. Friendly advice to Patricia: Leave the clown t-shirt back in New England. Didn’t go over big on Park Avenue. https://t.co/uuaYoti4wv
— Gary Myers (@garymyersNYDN) January 10, 2018
According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:
The Daily News has learned that all signs are pointing to Matt Patricia, the New England Patriots defensive coordinator with a degree in aeronautical engineering, as the man the Giants will hire to point Big Blue back in the right direction.
Patricia, 43, has been linked to the Lions head coaching job but according to the report, it is far from a done deal. Peter King of Sports Illustrated reported that Patricia prefers the Giants HC job over the Lions job:
In Detroit, I hear Pats defensive coordinator Matt Patricia is the choice over Houston’s defensive boss, Mike Vrabel—but Patricia favors the Giants. If the Giants give the nod to Patricia, Detroit could be Vrabel’s job.
Patricia has been under Bill Belichick’s wing since 2004. He started with the Patriots organization as a offensive assistant and eventually became the defensive coordinator in 2012.
Mike Amaral Good luck with that. No fan base lives more in their past glory than Giants fans. Even though they’ve been irrelevant for the better part of 25 years. They did manage to have two 9-7 teams win it all. They really believe they’re in the upper echelon of the NFL when actually they’re a fucking joke!
Mark Georgescu Giants fans must be struggling with the conflict of calling the Patriots cheaters but hiring one of their coaches
Ralph Lukas I don't trust a guy that has a mans first name and chicks name as his last name.
Sam Lyndaker As a Giants fan, I’m more than okay with this.
Winning background and that’s what we need. He’s young, so he’s in for the long haul.
With just a few severe needs addressed, we can be competitive next year again.
We have the pieces. Just that where we are bad, we are REALLY bad.
Bring him in. Draft a qb. Draft a RB. Sign two good O linemen. Give Eli one more year.
NFL memes store available now:
Get yours: Here
- Bad Lip Reading’ Trolls Donald Trump Signing The Anthem At National Championship Game
- Anthem-Kneelers Cause NFL To Lose Major Superbowl Sponsor
- Gen. John Kelly Puts The Fear Of God Into NFL Anthem Kneelers… They Won’t Forget This
- Bibi was pregnant with the first ultrasound photos of baby Fiona
- Georgia Fan Has An Epic Meltdown After Bulldogs Lose National Championship Game
- Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa Was Going To Transfer After The National Championship Game
- President Donald J. Trump’s schedule for Tuesday, January 9th
- Trump stands for national anthem at NCAA game; Alabama player heard saying ‘F— Trump’
- Alabama’s Game-Winning TD Play Set To Titanic Song Makes It Even More Epic
- Alabama Wins National Championship On Game-Winning TD Throw From Tua Tagovailoa