With reports about the Patriots eventually demise on the horizon and rumors of Bill Belichick looking to coach eslewhere next season, the Giants have emerged as prohibited favoroties if he does so.
One would think any team or player in the NFL would line up to have to opportunity to have arguably the greatest football coach in history on their sideline, but Giants safety Landon Collins thinks otherwise.
Collins played under Nick Saban at Alabama at college and was outspoken earlier this week to the New York Post about not being a fan of the strict coaching style.
“The way he runs his organization, I’ve been through that process. I don’t like it. It’s too strict. … He’s a great winner, he’s a great coach. I don’t know if (his style) is what the organization really wants.”
Collins has perhaps gotten comfortable with the player focused locker room of Ben McAdoo, who led the Giants to a 3-13 season and it currently out of a job.
“I talked to guys who played for (Belichick’s) team,” Collins told the Post. “They love winning, but at the same time, they don’t want to be on the team.”
Dave Auerbach How are you gonna say Belichick is too hard when you played for Saban?! That’s like the same person minus the hoodie and cameras on the sideline!
Zaan Levi Togo Terribly written accusational opinion piece and also blatantly paraphrases to seem incriminating. The Belichick/Saban coaching style doesn’t work for everyone – and Collins knows, he played for Saban, some people want to enjoy their job rather than it be a chore. That should be okay. Too much importance is put on Championships, like earning millions of dollars and changing the lives of your entire family isn’t good enough. Collins even mentions Pats players love winning (of course) but they don’t want to play there. Giants need more discipline and McAdoo was an idiot, but it doesn’t have to be an extremity, straight to a dictatorially strict coaching regime. There are other coaches and systems. Everyone is so quick to judge nowadays, learn empathy.
NFL memes store available now:
Get yours: Here
- Matt Patricia Has Emerged As The Favorite To Become The Next Head Coach Of The Giants
- Bad Lip Reading’ Trolls Donald Trump Signing The Anthem At National Championship Game
- Anthem-Kneelers Cause NFL To Lose Major Superbowl Sponsor
- Gen. John Kelly Puts The Fear Of God Into NFL Anthem Kneelers… They Won’t Forget This
- Bibi was pregnant with the first ultrasound photos of baby Fiona
- Georgia Fan Has An Epic Meltdown After Bulldogs Lose National Championship Game
- Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa Was Going To Transfer After The National Championship Game
- President Donald J. Trump’s schedule for Tuesday, January 9th
- Trump stands for national anthem at NCAA game; Alabama player heard saying ‘F— Trump’