The Kansas City Chiefs are parting ways with Alex Smith who has been with the team since 2013. Smith will continue his career with the Washington Redskins in the 2018-2019 season. According to reports the deal involves a draft pick and a player and also means that Kirk Cousins will be leaving the Redskins. Smith will get $94 million over four years with $71 million guaranteed, the 3rd most expensive contract ever for a quarterback.
QB Alex Smith and Washington now have reached an agreement on a new four-year contract extension, per sources. Smith, who had one year left on his contact, tied to Washington for next five seasons. Smith gets long-term deal from Washington that Cousins could not.
Smith has made it to the 2013 Super Bowl when he was with the San Fransisco 49ers but did not start, as Colin Kaepernick was the chosen quarterback for the game. In that Super Bowl the 49ers lost to Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens, and was the last time Smith got close to a Lombardi Trophy.
Only time will tell what Smith will be able to accomplish with the Redskins, and this massive deal will definitely have football fans buzzing for a while.
- Details Emerge Of The Chiefs-Redskins Trade Involving QB Alex Smith
- Chiefs Trade QB Alex Smith To The Washington Redskins
- Nick Foles And Carson Wentz Stat Will Blow Eagles’ Fans Mind Away
- Donald J. Trump give his first State of the Union address
- Tony the Hippo: Let’s go surfin’ now with him
- GOP Rep Calls For Trump To Have “Dreamers” Arrested At State Of The Union
- Chris Long Says He Won’t Go To Trump’s White House Visit If Eagles Win Super Bowl
- One-Handed UCF LB Shaquem Griffin Invited To 2018 NFL Scouting Combine
- Drew Brees’ Sons Start Fighting While Their Dad Is Doing An Interview During The Pro Bowl
- Rihanna & DJ Khaled ‘Wild Thoughts’ Performance Grammy 2018