Toronto Maple Leafs center Nazem Kadri has a reputation for getting under players' skin, and it didn't take long at all on Thursday night.
Kadri and San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton fought two seconds into the game in Toronto.
Both were kicked out of the opening faceoff after slashing at each other and then began jawing at each other. Once play resumed and the puck was dropped, they threw down their gloves and went after each other.
Thornton, 38, fighting for the second time this season, got the better of the quick fight, though Kadri appeared to pull off part of the Sharks star's longbeard.
Love how this older gentleman gets up and gives Nylander the ol' fist pump pic.twitter.com/VXUaL3vrqX
— Flintor (@TheFlintor) April 18, 2017
He has fought 25 times since the start of the 1997-98 season, according to hockeyfights.com. Kadri, 27, has five fights in his career.
Get yours: Here
- Tom Brady Went To Robert Kraft To Force Bill Belichick To Trade Jimmy Garoppolo
- Jaguars Will Sell Teal Cheeseburgers, Beer & Ice Cream Sunday For Playoff Game
- Trump Wants All Anthem-Kneeling NFL Thugs To See This 1 Picture
- Press Secretary Sarah Sanders holds a press briefing 1/4/2018
- The Weather At Patriots Practice Today Looks Absolutley Insane