Henry is outside with Fiona and Bibi today. Blood tests indicated that his body is fighting an infection. Administering medication to a 3500-pound hippo with no appetite and incredibly thick skin presents a real challenge, and regular sedation is not an option.
You can get your Fiona Indoor Pillow: Here
Get Fiona the Hippo New Book Hip Hippo Hooray for Fiona on Amazon: Here
The hippo care team is working hard to support and treat his condition with antibiotics and TLC. Vets will do a follow up exam in a few weeks to determine if treatment has been effective. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Fiona Store with T Shirt, Coffee Mug, Legging, Hats, Hooded Sweatheart, Long Sleeve Tee, Onesie
Please get it : Here
Meet Betsy and BamBam
This will be your last weekend to see Betsy and BamBam at the Cincinnati Zoo as they will be heading back to Florida next week.
BamBam came to Cincinnati Zoo two years ago suffering from cold stress. Thanks to our manatee care team, the 4-yr-old male is now at a healthy weight and almost ready to be released back into his native habitat! Twenty-six-year-old Betsy (2,415 lbs.), a favorite among guests and a resident since 2010, will be returning to her birthplace to make room for other manatees in need of rehabilitation.
Halloween is coming:
Get it: Here
The Cincinnati Zoo is one of two U.S. Zoos outside of Florida that participate in the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s (USFWS) Manatee Rescue, Rehabilitation, and Release Program. The goal of this program is to rescue and treat sick or injured manatees and then release them back into the wild.
- Tajiri the Giraffe Running and Kicking His Legs Out in the Yard
- Henry Update: He still has very little appetite and is losing weight
- Alf the Giraffe Will Never Leave Brights Zoo
- ALF Update: ALF the Giraffe Leaves Brights Zoo to New Home
- Lastest Update on Henry the Hippo Cincinnati Zoo Today
- Fiona the Hippo Live Stream: Episode 7: The Season Finale
- Tajiri Giraffe Update: He tried so hard to get a piece. Lol
- April the Giraffe Live Feed on Oct 10th
- Update on Fiona the Hippo Calendar 2018