Folks, it’s getting really bad out there. We had no idea a company like Fox would pull a disrespectful move like this, but it’s happening.
It’s very important — before or after you read the story — to make sure you’re part of the “Boycott The NFL” Facebook group, which is growing in strength.
The first major broadcast domino has fallen. In response to crashing ratings, plummeting ticket sales, and a public backlash fueled by none other than the leader of the free world, Fox Sports has decided to cry Uncle! Becoming the first major NFL broadcast partner to publicly say that they will no longer air the national anthem.
Instead, Fox Sports is now saying that they will go back to what they had done in the past, namely, not showing the playing of the anthem during game broadcasts, according to Newsday.
Calling this year, “one of the more bizarre starts to the season that we have ever had,” Fox Sports President Eric Shanks released a statement saying: “The standard procedure is not to show them because of the way the commercial format works and the timing of the anthem to get to the kickoff,” Shanks said Tuesday at an event to promote Fox’s soccer coverage of the 2018 World Cup. “So I think we’re going to pay attention to events.
“Who knows what’s going to happen? A lot of time is happening between now and then. But I think the plan would be to get back to a normal schedule. I think that’s where we sit today on a Tuesday . . . It seems like there’s more than 24 hours in a day now, doesn’t there?”
But liberal sports reporters are already crying foul with the move to “get back to football.”
Matt Yoder of Awful Announcing, for instance, is furious with Fox for taking away the players’ forum to protest against the country, especially because it will cut off a way to attack Donald Trump.
Yoder slammed Fox saying, “it’s impossible to go back to a normal schedule now when the NFL and its athletes are in the middle of a culture war with the sitting President of the United States.
“The anthem will be a huge story this week and likely will be throughout the remainder of the season as well,” the Awful Announcing writer insisted.
Clearly, Yoder and his liberal media pals want the turmoil to continue, want fans enraged even more, and want to give players who hate the country a platform to announce it to the world.
Yet, Yoder fails to realize something crucial to the equation: Fox didn’t decide to not air the anthem in order to sabotage the athletes in their “culture war” with President Trump. They decided to not air the anthem because the athletes have already lost the culture war with Donald Trump.
Before you go, we’re calling on ALL of our patriotic readers to pick up one of these limited edition “I Proudly Stand For The National Anthem” shirts or hoodies. They also make a wonderful Christmas gift for the patriot in your life!
Get yours: Here
- Fiona the Hippo Roll at Cincinnati Zoo Today
- Josh Rosen Would Be ‘Hesitant’ To Declare For 2018 Draft If Browns Want To Take Him, Prefers Giants
- Female Kicker Makes Texas High School Football History During State Championship Game
- Update on Fiona the Hippo Cincinnati Zoo
- Jags Fans Shipping Trash Cans To Jadeveon Clowney For Christmas
- New Photo From Controversial Steelers-Patriots Game Emerges, Shows Jesse James Did Actually Catch It
- Fiona Hippo Special on WCPO: Which Fiona Are You Today
- Vince McMahon To Launch New Football League… NFL Panics
- The Fiona Christmas Special – We got a hippopotamus for Christmas!!
- Bill Belichick Bans Tom Brady’s Personal Trainer From Being On Patriots Sidelines And Team Plane