I thought free agency started in March, not January?
On Tuesday night, it was reported that the Kansas City Chiefs had traded QB Alex Smith to Washington in-exchange for a third round pick and CB Kendall Fuller.
The trade opened the door for QB Kirk Cousins to enter free agency and look to cash-in and apparently, Cousins has already done that.
According to Colin Cowherd, Cousins to Denver could happen before Super Bowl 52 is played:
Cowherd just reported that Kirk Cousins and Broncos are close to a deal
— Steven Spector (@StevenSpector10) January 31, 2018
This is bizarre.
Van Gordon So the broncos are going to be paying 4 QBs if they get him. And cousins is going to want a huge amount of money and they have Millers contract to deal with also. Have fun in cap hell.
Bill DuPuis If the redskins are smart (which they aren’t) they would slap either the franchise tag or transition tag on him and make any team that wants him, give up a draft pick.
George Harris He’s a good qb not a franchise one but he’s showed if you give him protection and surround him with talent he’ll make the right decision wish he could stay in D.C. but with Bruce Allen around and our ego maniac owner screwing everything up every time the going gets good he’ll be a lot better of somewhere else
Micah Grove The legal tampering period isn’t even until like last February or early March. This is illegal under NFL rules as he’s still a member of the Redskins and it’s not that legal tampering period yet.
Justin Proulx Cousins would be better off on the browns, cardinals, or the jets. Im also pretty sure the broncos are breaking some major rules regarding the free agency process. They could get fined hella hard and could lose their number 5 pick for pulling this shit.
- Two College Dorms Spend Super Bowl Week Trash Talking Each Other Through Their Windows
- Kendall Fuller Learned He Was Traded To Kansas City On Twitter
- Redskins’ DJ Swearinger Calls Team Out Over Alex Smith Trade In NSFW Twitter Rant
- President Trump Took A Shot At NFL Players Who Kneel During Anthem During State Of Union
- Cleveland Browns Tried To Trade For Alex Smith, But Couldn’t Get Deal Done
- Kansas City Has Traded Quarterback Alex Smith
- Details Emerge Of The Chiefs-Redskins Trade Involving QB Alex Smith
- Chiefs Trade QB Alex Smith To The Washington Redskins
- Nick Foles And Carson Wentz Stat Will Blow Eagles’ Fans Mind Away
- Donald J. Trump give his first State of the Union address