Sports Media Watch has a great resource for the National Football League’s ratings since 2014 and a glance through the listings for this season through Week 13 offers a sea of red fields showing just how badly the league’s TV ratings have suffered this year.
Nearly every week the statistics show the NFL’s games have lost viewers over the same week last season with only occasional broadcasts ticking upward in either overall viewership or among viewers in the sought-after 18-49 age demographic.
Anthem-Kneelers Killed The NFL According To Ratings Study
Get yours: Here
Take the just concluded Week 13, for instance. The numbers compiled by SMW show that only two games saw an uptick in viewers over last year. Sunday Night Football was up eleven percent over Week 13’s Sunday night game last year in both the number of viewers and among viewers in the important 18 to 49 age bracket. Monday Night Football numbers were up as well.
But, the rest of the week’s NFL games were in the red, one down as much as 20 percent. The game on Fox was off seven percent in over all viewers and nine percent in the 18-49 age demographic. Thursday Night Football was down ten percent in both categories. CBS lost even more with a negative 16 and 18 percent respectively. And the second half of the Fox double header was even worse losing 18 percent overall and 20 percent in the age demo.
Comparing that to how Week 13 performed in 2016 over its previous season shows an even more disastrous performance.
Before you go, we’re calling on ALL of our patriotic readers to pick up one of these limited edition “I Proudly Stand For The National Anthem” shirts or hoodies. They also make a wonderful Christmas gift for the patriot in your life!
Get yours: Here
- Update on Baby Kendi Back Rhino: Kendi, our black rhino cafe, is 5-months-old now
- Glitch Causes Michigan State Logo To Appear On Field During Saints-Falcons Game
- Fiona showing off her porpoising technique and speed
- Hope and Nora Bear at Utahs Hogle Zoo Update and Video
- JuJu Smith-Schuster Reenacts Snowball Fight From ‘Elf’ For Touchdown Celebration
- Lakers’ Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Can Practice, Play In Home Games While Serving 25-Days In Jail
- Merry Christmas from Grandpa Mason and his kittens
- NFL Announces Goodell’s Last Day As Commish
- Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins Just Pulled In The Catch Of The Year
- Steelers’ Vince Williams Received Taunting Penalty For Trying To Cuddle With DeAndre Hopkins